Friday, January 7, 2011

once again my mind wanders into the abyss

I was once told that apologies only bear meaning when it's said with a sincere heart. I was also told that there are no promises kept, rather a commitment of constant assertion of it's essence. I have questioned a lot about God and the shameful reality of humanity. I still haven't gotten over any of those lies nor have found answers that will satisfy my hunger to justify the details of life - hunger, corruption, drugs, insanity, wealth, luck, vanity, etc etc. Now that I am half of my expected life span, I feel like I'm only starting to discover how to really live in this world. And it's not at all how they teach you to when you're still in grade school or college that is. I don't get it. What's the point of parents trying so hard to afford a degree for their children when it's all a great sham? If one day I find that my daughter is just as passionate as I am about life & its tragedy, I just might consider not sending her to school. I really don't want to break her heart, give her the hope of fulfilling a destiny to stir up an audience that will bring about change. Fact is, there's nothing wrong in learning about the world and asking questions. What's wrong is how our institutions are channeling our eager minds to a movement that God has not permitted. If we live in a world where people can be given the same amount of chance to know more about God as much as we try to earn our degrees, life don't need to become so tragic. God will provide... in his time.

Time. Something they've always taught us to compare with gold. Is this why we value time so much?
God is more valuable than gold. God is more valuable than time. Faith should not have time.

We all ought to learn that God is so much more than time, our time. We need not wait. We only need faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment